Our First Aiders are responsible for:
* Taking charge when someone is injured or becomes ill
* Ensuring there is adequate supply of medical materials in first aid kits and replenishing the contents of these regularly
* Ensuring that an ambulance or other professional medical help is summoned when appropriate
* Acting as first responders to any incidents- they will assess the situation and provide immediate and appropriate treatment.
* Assessing and sending pupils home to recover
* Contacting parents when a child receives a serious injury or any injury around the head area
* Filling in an accident report after an incident
* Ensuring all medical details are kept up to date and presented to other staff members
* Complete the school's medical forms, that are sent out yearly, accurately and in full detail and will inform the school of anything that changes as soon as possible.
* Ensure that any emergency contact details are kept up to date and that they are contactable at all times.
* Supply the school with their child's medication and/or equipment at the beginning of the school year or as and when required during the school year.
* Replace any medication before the date of expiry as soon as possible as requested by the school.
* Keep their child at home when they are presenting as unwell (In children, a temperature of over 37.5C is classified as high)
* Keep their child at home for 48 hours following a last episode of vomiting and/ or diarrhoea.
* Keep their child at home if they have any symptoms of Covid-19 (a high temperature, a new and continuous cough, a loss of sense of taste and smell) and ensure that their child receives a confirmed negative test result, before returning to school.
* Inform the school immediately if their child has a contagious and spreadable illness such as chicken pox or hand, foot and mouth.