RSHE at Britannia is Relationships, Social and Health Education. As a subject, it aims to encourage children to make informed choices both currently and in the future to become healthy, independent and responsible members of society. In the current climate, we feel that is it essential that children are informed about how to be healthy, both mentally and physically, so our RSHE curriculum this year focuses on relationships, wellbeing and physical wellness, while following new statutory government guidelines for 2020/21.
Across all key stages, pupils will learn about the following skills within RSHE:
· to know and understand what is meant by a healthy lifestyle, including being mentally healthy;
· to understand what is meant by the term ‘citizenship’ and how our positive actions can impact upon those around us
· to understand what makes for good relationships with others;
· to have respect for others, including a focus on anti-bullying;
· to be thoughtful and responsible members of our school, community and society;
· to understand about the role of the media around us and its possible impacts upon us;
· to develop self-confidence and self-esteem;
· to make informed choices regarding personal and social issues;
· to develop good relationships with other members of the community.